July 28, 2008

Rear Seat Work On The Van


So, for Saturday, we worked on rebuilding the rear end, and on Sunday, I pulled out the motorized rear seat and tore it down in order to straighten out the bent frame sections and the drive arms, then I re-installed the back panel. It took pretty much all day Sunday to get everything working right, but it's nice to sit up front, press the rear seat switch and it moves up and down smoothly like it's supposed to.

Now, when I need to back the van up, I just hit the button and the rear seat will lay down so I can have a clear view behind me. With the new backup camera and the 'ducking seat', I should be able to back up the sailboat with no problem.

Regarding the test drive I mentioned yesterday, Dad and I took the van for a spin and the rumbling noise has been greatly reduced, but is not completely gone. I guess that is the nature of the type of rear end in the van. Otherwise, the van is driving nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home