July 22, 2010

23rd Anniversary, Tree Trimming, Geocaching & More

Well, there were a few things that happened, to include Luann & I celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

To begin with on Thursday the 22nd, we dropped off one of the zodiac coins for the geocaching contest we are putting on. Lost It 2 (in the middle) found the coin in a park where the only information she had was a series of pictures I had placed on the geocoin's webpage. Along with Lost It 2 is her son & daughter, Lost It 3 and Lost it 4.

After Lost It 2 found the coin, Captain Biggins came driving up and after she ''dipped' the coin into a cache in another park then handed it over to Biggins and he drove over to a parking garage to hide it in the container there.

Eventually, Captain Biggins found it...

While Captain Biggins searched, Luann took advantage of the height we were at to take some pictures of the setting sun.

It was neat how the sun was banded by the clouds as it receded.

What a nice view from up here...

And when she turned around, what do you know? The moon was up too!

On Saturday morning, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that it was our 23rd wedding anniversary and I rented a 'Man-Lift' in order to trim the trees in our side-yard. One had grown so big that it was resting partially on top of our house and our neighbor's too. So, here are Katrina and I, going up in the lift so we can start cutting the branches down from over our roof.

I dropped her off, and moved into position. Her job was to grab ahold of the sagging branches I would partially cut and when she had them properly positioned, I would finish cutting them all the way through so she could toss them off of the roof.

The wire you can see hanging down from the bucket of the man-lift is for the electric chain saw I was using on the tree. I have a gas powered chainsaw, but it was much more convenient to use the electric one. Two thumbs up from Katrina!

And here's the electric chainsaw, hard at work.

When I was finished, all of the low branches were cleared away. It looked like half of the tree was laying on the ground... I'll have to spend next Saturday hauling all of this to the dump.

So, Luann and I went shopping for each other's anniversary gifts and we ended up at one of the "Big Box" clubs to see if they had what we were looking for. When we got inside, we saw that they had an Optometrist in-house, so we had our eyes checked in order to get new glasses. When I showed Luann this picture, she was kinda mad at me, but I think it was because she didn't think to take some shots of me while I was in the chair...

Can You See Me Now?

For this shot, Katrina borrowed my camera so she could take pictures at the Anime convention, but all she got was this picture of Melissa (with her new haircut) and Philip when they arrived.

As for the garden we planted over Memorial Day weekend the wildflowers in the lower tier are finally blooming. These are plants that come from a box of seeds I got from Mom and Dad's storage unit in Arizona. This is a picture of the very first bloom to appear. I don't know what it is though...

We also planted several other flowering plants in the second and third tiers. This plant is constantly flowering. And it looks like the metallic-green wasps like them too.

After we had enrichened the soil, the remaining rose bushes are blooming again. This one is called Saint Patrick's Day which has something of a greenish tinge to the petals when it first opens, then they fade to a yellow color.

Well, that's what is going on so far. We'll post more as things tend to happen around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home