February 20, 2011

Sunken Gardens - Saint Petersburg

Since I had a few coupons I had picked up from Groupon for the Sunken Gardens attraction in Saint Petersburg, we chose today to visit and practice our photography skills. As you can see, Karen and Parris joined us for the afternoon. Don't forget, 'Click-On-A-Pic' to see a larger version of the image.

Awww, don't Karen & Parris make a lovely couple? Looks like we're having fun.

Now, what the heck am I doing up in a tree? Well, the only reason I can think of that I would be up in a tree is that there must be a geocache nearby. If you follow my point of view, you might be able to see the container tucked into the knothole in the branch below me.

The geocache is located near a lake, so we walked around the lake to take some pictures. Luann got this great shot of a male anhinga with his prize.

Aww, geez! What am I doing in yet another tree? Yep, looking for another geocache... Did I find it?

Well, yes and no... It turns out the container is now mixed up in the nest this muskovy mama-duck is sitting on inside a big hole in the tree, so I took a picture in order to post a 'Do Not Molest' log later on the geocache's web page.

Ah, we finally made it to Sunken Gardens and started to work on taking pictures. I was showing Karen how to 'steal' an aperature setpoint from a differently lighted part of the scene to set the lightness or darkness you desire for the image you are setting up.

There were many great opportunities for shots like these...

Even Parris got into the act, so I took a picture of him taking a picture of the girls with his cellphone. His shot came out nice.

Karen remarked on how she liked these chairs, so Luann got a shot of them for her.

And then there were the flamingoes, busily battling over who knows what...

Click! Gotcha!

We really liked our jaunt through the Sunken Gardens, there were just so many things to see (and 'shoot'). By the way, this bridge is just the right size for a squirrel to run across.

Since it was about 3:00 in the afternoon, the sun was casting very useful shadows for our photography.

So, what was our objective? Oh yeah, to get some great photos! Looks like we're getting it done from several vantage points.

I really relished the opportunity to add to our flower catalog.

Sunken Gardens even have these very sassy parrots. I say it that way because as soon as I got close to the cage, the gold one came over to try and bite me.

There's our family tree-hugger, falling in love with more trees.

Well, it's getting close to time for us to leave, one more shot of a flower before we go.

See! I visited Sunken Gardens. Here's 'clicking' at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home