October 4, 2014

The Week In Review -10/04/14

We had a few things happen this week, and of course, I have some pictures too!
Remember, Click-On-A-Pic to view a larger version of an image.

Here's a picture we found while tidying things up. That's Uncle Mark, also known as 'The God Father' to Katrina, enjoying some bonding time with her. This was taken around late 1992.

This is when we arrived in Phoenix, AZ to convert Uncle Mark into "The God Father' at Katrina's christening in the church we were married at. Left-to-right is Mark, Me, The Father-In-Law holding Katrina and Luann (we were in our 20s).

I received this beehive tool from Charlie last Christmas. Man, I keep finding all kinds of uses for it! I sent Charlie a text about how much I'm using it.
I called this one, Usage #87, 'Popping a Trim Ring Off the Van'.

Came across a toilet with a flush button on the tank cover, rather than a handle on the front-side of the tank. And it's a power-flush toilet too (push... Huh-WOOOSH!). Just seemed weird to me...

This is Max, a yellow Labrador that is pretty much the 'company dog'. He roams around a bit, but only in the office area. He's a bit shy and I haven't been able to get a better picture than this. As soon as he sees the camera, he high-tails it for the door, just like this.

Well, now I know where to go if I ever find myself up Schitt's Creek without a paddle...

Came across this overturned semi-truck (see arrow) that hit the guardrail trying to cut across the lanes to make it into the weigh station on-ramp, but he didn't make it. As a matter of fact, the semi-truck he cut off while doing this crazy maneuver was overturned behind him. These people are driving more and more like they are from Miami.

On Wednesday, I came upon smoke billowing across the roadway.

Turns out, it was a company having fire safety practice in the parking lot. You can see the stacks of fire extinguishers, as each employee took their turn putting out the blaze.

On Thursday, the fog was getting pretty thick on the highway as I made my way to work.

It was pretty thick, even down the off-ramp of the highway.

As I was driving to work Friday morning, Luann was driving the Camaro behind me in the van and she let me know something was wrong with the van. I pulled over and found that Katrina & Brad had left the back door open last night after borrowing the oil funnel. This is what I found after pulling off the road to investigate. Thankfully, nothing fell out of the back of the van. Later on, as I was driving to work, I felt a bump from the van, then heard a strange rattling, clanky kind of sound, and when I looked in the mirror, there was something in the road. Now, I didn't run over whatever it was, and it didn't look like anything that came from the van. Later on as I was still driving to work, I heard than a manhole cover was loose in the middle of the road (exactly where I was 10-15 minutes ago. I guess the cover wasn't seated properly in the manhole and I was lucky that the van didn't fall into the hole when the cover popped up. So, what do you do for excitement?

Today I visited a quarry and saw this huge dragline nearby. Come to find out, there is a youtube video of an accident that occurred to this actual machine... But it's obviously ok now.

Click here to see the effort required to pull this behemoth out of the lake:

Dragline Rescue

Well, that's it for this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home