April 30, 2009

The Main Part Of The Kimono Is Finished

The main part of the kimono is finished. Now, I need to work on the Obi, which is the stiff waistband around the middle with the cascading bustle in the back. I bought all of the notions I need to get it done from the fabric store yesterday, so I'm ready to go after work tonight..

Since this kimono isn't so 'Americanized' to where it would look more like a bathrobe than a Japanese kimono, I found that the American clothes hangers are useless to hang the kimono up. After talking it over with Katrina, she said that the traditional Japanese hanger is like a long rod running through the shoulders, so I bought a pair of 3-foot dowels and taped them together, then taped the dowels to a clothes hanger hook. The length of the rod through the shoulders is 5 feet long. As you can see, the design of the kimono lends itself well to the traditional style of hanging...

In this picture, you can see the black vest hung up inside of it too.

You can click on the picture for a larger view.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home