November 11, 2015

A Little 'Surgery' On The Camaro


It has been some time since the Camaro was able to start with the key-fob remote, the reason being that the Check Engine light came on and the trouble code was P0449, which has to do with an electronic solenoid in the fuel vapor recovery circuit. I had to buy the whole section, to include the charcoal canister and the tubing, let alone the solenoid, which didn't make me happy. At least I was able to get a new part for about 1/2 the cost, but $70 for this thing was still a bit steep.

Needless to say, I spent the better part of today removing the exhaust, rear brakes and the whole rear-end from the car, just to get access above the sub-frame where the canister and solenoid assembly is mounted. As is usual for me, I decided that since I was working on the rear section, I might as well install the urethane suspension bushings in the sub-frame before reinstalling it.

Of course, I took some pictures, and here they are.

This is how I pulled the complete rear end out of the Camaro. The straps helped to keep the differential from rolling when I dropped it.

And the axle is out, so now I can get to the evap canister that's mounted above the axle.

The red circle shows where the canister is located.

The red circle shows the complete evaporative canister assembly, and the orange circle is the purge valve that failed. All of this work for such a little part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home