November 9, 2015

What A Weekend!

Tampa Bay Heartwalk 

Luann & I did the Tampa Bay Heartwalk, which routes around the Buccaneer Stadium and north into Al Lopez Park for a 2-mile round-trip. Thing is, I just had to run it and go farther north into the park because there was a geocache that we hadn't found before. I had to climb a tree to get my hands on it and sign the logsheet, but I got it. I finally met up with Luann and her friends at the finish line and since I ran the whole route that I took, I was breathing hard like a greyhoud dog after a race.

Junkyard

Katrina and I made a run to the local junkyard to pick up some parts for the front end of her car and I ended up cutting my arm open. I put a shop rag on my arm and taped it up with black electrical tape to stop the bleeding, then here is our butterfly-stitch 'surgery'.


Here I am, shaving my 'fur' around the cut, which occurred while I was pushing a wheelbarrow with the parts for Katrina's car in it. As I walked along, I brushed up against a junker car with a sharp edge sticking out towards me, and it sliced me open in a heartbeat.



This is after the wound was thoroughly washed out with sterile saline solution then Betadine was rinsed over the cut after that. The Betadine is why my arm has a yellow color to it.


It took 2 butterfly stitches to hold the cut closed.


Finally, I used a non-stick pad to cover the butterfly stitches and wrapped it all up with surgical tape. Good to go!


Which is a good thing, because I still needed to install the parts in Katrina's car... Which, as you can see, I did.
Gotta do what I gotta do!


Draak Runs Out Of Water

Luann & Katrina had gone to the grocery store in the Camaro and they called me to say a warning lamp had turned on in the Camaro's dash saying it had over heated. I met them at a nearby gas station where they stopped and found that the radiator was almost empty. The girls bought some coolant and I put it in, then told them I would drive the Camaro home while they drove my Saturn. I didn't make but a quarter mile down the road before the warning light came on again. Come to find out, using the fill tank to add coolant is not the way to get coolant directly into the engine. I had to take the top cover off of the engine and found an outlet for adding coolant and 'burping' the air out of the system. After I did that (and the girls bought another gallon of coolant) the Camaro made it home with no temperature issue.

I wondered why the Camaro had lost so much coolant and I had my answer the next morning on the driveway. Turns out there is a small fitting bolted to the engine block for a cooling line to the heater that was leaking. I had to take the fitting off of the engine and make a new gasket, then replace an o-ring seal too. After it was all back together, the leak was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home