June 4, 2006

Even More Boat Work - Can You Believe It?

We got some more painting done on the sailboat and we put the lettering on for her name: Udara Tanda - which is Indonesian for: Air Sign (see note at the bottom of this post).

The starboard side got a treatment of bottom paint and white primer on the topsides.

Here she is, with her new name proudly emblazoned on her side. You can see the dark blue stripe just above the lettering and one at the waterline. With the exception of the Com-Pac Yacht lettering at the rear of the upper dark blue stripe, the port side is finished.

Oh, did I mention the registration numbers were mounted too? I thought I forgot something...

As an interesting note a friend at work, Dennis Zafra, told me that "Tanda" means either "Old Man" or "Remembering From Before" in the Tagalo language. So, I guess Udara Tanda could also mean (kind of), "Old Man Air" or "Remember the Air".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home