October 16, 2006

A Quick Trip to Indiana

As luck would have it, I had to fly out to Petersburg, Indiana last Thursday on an emergency basis to repair a pair of soft starters installed in a power plant there (I didn't get back home until midnight, Saturday night). It was interesting to work on equipent that we had sold over 7 years ago...

I'll try to put up some more pictures of the starters a little later.

Here are some pictures I took on the way back to the airport.

Since I wasn't able to bring my camera into the plant, this is the best I could do to show you the site. The plume coming from the stacks is actually steam from the boilers.

Just cruising down the tracks...

A quick visit to the Patoka River...

I did like this bridge though.

And then a little bit of waiting led to a couple of neat plane landing photos.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm from Petersburg. I just live a stone's throw from the plant you spoke of. I even work on the computers at the air port you flew in to as some of my friends keep their aircraft there. I also like that old railway bridge of which you had the photo It's still used every day.

I hope you enjoyed Petersburg! I'm going to post this anonymously because it's been so long since I used this service I forgot my User ID and password and failed to put it into my PalmPilot... ROFL

Mark A. Hicks
Petersburg, Indiana
mark@hickscomputeragency.com

Friday, November 24, 2006 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home