December 12, 2007

Working In New York

Since I'm out here in New York for some work, I just had to go geocaching before and after hours. I already found a travel bug hotel and swapped a plush elephant that is heading for Australia, for a plastic lion (McToy) that wants to finish its travels by going home to Illinois, near Chicago. Since I just might be heading that way soon, he's hitching a ride with me.

This is the second geocache I have gone looking for. It's hidden in an equestrian park and is a two-stage multi-cache. I found the first stage over there to the right, by about 40 feet, which is a prescription pill bottle containing a paper with the coordinates for the second stage.

Well, here is the second stage. From what I can see of it, this looks to be the remnants of a 78-'79' Chevy Suburban with a 350 V-8, 4-barrel Rochester 'Quadra-Bog' and a T10 Toploader manual transmission. As for the cache, it's here somewhere...

Well, I found the container for the second stage after moving a few piles of leaves and pine needles around. After that, I moved over to the opposite side of the park and found this one fairly easily. I bet it would be a bear to find if the leaves were still on the trees...

And here I am, back at the hotel as the sun is setting. It's seems so weird, because it gets dark around here at about 5:00. More, later as it comes up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home