July 6, 2008

Extending Our Geocoin Challenge

We needed to place some geocoins out in some difficult caches Saturday for our 10-coin challenge. Here are some pics we took of our adventure.

I needed to do a water crossing (at high tide) to get to this cache. Here I am, ready for the swim across.

Fooled ya! I actually had to go around the corner and cross the creek here.

Would ya look at those legs? I've got no shame when it comes to my attire...

While I pressed on with my quest for cache out of Luann's view, she busied herself with some pictures of this baby osprey (fish hawk). He just spotted Mama and wants her to bring him a snack... NOW!

Luann also noticed this brown bunny nearby. Click! Gotcha!

What is the geocacher's favorite saying? Found it! I chose a space shuttle mission sticker as my prize (STS-114).

And now for the trek back across the water. I wish I had been able to perfect my 'Walking On Water' imitation...

Time for the climb back out. Let's see how the Geocoin Challenge contestants deal with this one!

On the way out, we stopped by another cache and signed our name to it.

Since we were so near to Karen's house we dropped in for a visit, sitting out back and taking pictures of the canal behind her house. Hope we can go out family caching soon...

Well, time to head back home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home