February 5, 2010

Some Family Trivia...

Every once in a while, something jars my memory and a 'memory drawer' kind of pops open, which lets me take a mental stroll through the details of things I had once experienced.

In this instance, I recently remembered a couple of things about my grandparents on my mother's side, which leads me to ask the following questions of any of my family members...

What was the phone number for our grandparents when they lived off of Miller Road?

What was Grampie's barber's first name? Bonus question; where was the barbershop located?

What was their lawyer's first and last name? Bonus question; what was his middle name?

And lastly, what was their doctor's name?

At this point, I've asked you to provide a phone number, a first, a middle & a last name of people that they dealt with. How's that for remembering stuff, huh?

Ok, now that I've got you working on these, let's see if you can remember their next door neighbors...

Other than 'Uncle Bill' whom lived behind them with the hunting dogs, airboats and swamp buggies, the Mainers lived to the side of them and Dorothy Mainer had three sons. What were the boys names, from oldest to youngest? What pet did they have that lived for 23 years? What was the pet's name?

Here's a good one... What was hanging on a nail on the inside of the door on Nana & Grampie's utility room door?

Have I stumped you? Well, if nobody can guess the answers, perhaps I'll answer these questions in a couple of days...

[ANSWERS] Well, it has been a while and I might as well provide some answers. The phone number was (Miami area code) 271-6389.
The barber's name was Steve and his shop was located in a strip laza on Miller Road across from the Publix.
As for the lawyer, we did a little checking on him and it turns out that he has been reprimanded twice and disbarred by the Florida Bar Association, so I don't think I will put up his full name (surprise!). As for his middle name, it was Xavier.
And I remember going to see Dr. Feldman twice.
Dotty Mainer's boys, from oldest to youngest are Travis, Terry (Terrence) and Timmy (Timothy). They had a Dachshund named Daisy that lived until 23 years and she was still having puppies past 20 years (that's 140 in human years).
The item hanging on a nail on the inside of the utility room door was a clipboard where Grampie would sign out items (tools and such) that people borrowed from him. He even had an anticipated return date on the list so he would know when to go looking for the item. I hope somebody was interested in this, as I received no replies or guesses about this post. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea after all...

On to the next page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home