October 31, 2014

The Week In Review - 11/01/14

Well, life is still interesting enough for me to post a few things. First off, we took a cruise to the Bahamas with my cousins, Kim, Karen & Sharon. The reason we went cruising was because Kim turned 50 this year, so we celebrated the next family member making this threshold (I was first). And while we were cruising, Katrina put together a Halloween party / mini haunted house. Then we had to return to work.

Remember, Click-On-A-Pic to see a larger version of the image.

Well, we made it onto the ship by 12:00 and decided to rest at the café while our rooms are being prepared, but the birthday girl (Kim) and her husband haven't arrived yet, so we decided to take this picture. This is Karen Sharon and Luann.

When we finally got into our rooms, we placed Kim and Willie's cruise-shirts on their bed and a tiara for Kim was placed by Karen on the pillow.

Hey-Hey! Kim and Willie have arrived! Kim has on her tiara and Sharon handed her a yellow feathered boa.

Well, Kim and Willie decided to go down to the café for something to eat and Sharon went with them. Meanwhile, Karen and I finished decorating Kim's room. I know Kim was a little cagey about turning 50, but since I'm one year older than her, I decided to make it my job to rub it in...

Here is a wreath that Karen had made for Kim that has a neat nautical seashore theme.

This is a view through the porthole of Kim's room before we departed Miami.

This picture is for Kim. When we were up on the deck of the ship, Kim saw this silver yacht and told me it was hers, so I just had to get a picture of "her" yacht before we left port.

Here are several cruise ships, docked at Nassau, Bahamas. Thought is was pretty interesting that so many cruise ships were together like that.

Here is a picture of two of the three oldest cousins of the Stevens 'Clan' before we posed for some pictures with some large funiture.

Here is Sharon & Karen sitting in a very large rocking chair (or they shrunk).

Then Kim and I climbed up to the top of a lifeguard tower and then somebody made the comment that between the two of us, there was over a century sitting in that chair. This is a shot of our reaction.

I mentioned there was a geocache nearby at a church that I was interested in, so we headed there.

Say Cheese! Sharon, Kim & Karen struck a pose in this little pocket of the fence line at the church.

Next, we stopped at a little hut on the beach that had bottled beer, and made mixed drinks.

Sand Beer, the official beer of the Bahamas. Looks like Willie likes it.

Kim, out on a concrete jetty at the beach.

Awww, aren't they cute?

Awww, aren't they... Weird?!? TREE-HUG!!!



















And here are some of my week's observations...

This is a 5-car crash on my way to work. Seems like I will be reporting at least one crash a week while heading to/from work.

I was surprised to see these two balloons taking off ahead of me on this cool morning.

Here is a close-up of the view.

Well, I was wrong about one crash a week, huh? Looks like a silver car backed into the ditch somehow.

Here is a closer look as I was driving up on the scene.

I'm assuming the guy in the blue shirt is the owner of the car, and the officer to his left is going to make his day even worse with a citation. Or at least, that's how it usually happens.

When I looked out the window of my office, I spotted this little black cat taking a dump in the leaves out there, then he stalked off.

And a little bit later, this gray tabby was hunting for lizards around the air conditioner outdoor unit. Turns out, there are a bunch of little kitties running around the facility and they are visiting from the house next door.

I showed you an image of my office 'console', but the chair was a bit firm and my butt would 'go to sleep', so they got me this office chair which has an 8-hour rating. I figure this is pretty good, unless you had beans last night, then the chair will not provide essential filtering of sound or odoriferous gasses... Oh well, I guess that's technology for ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home