August 20, 2006

Several Changes

Hello there.
Things have picked the pace around the house. To begin with, our niece, Jaime has moved in with us for the school year. Things were getting a bit tough back home, so Luann told her sister we could help out.
Here's Jaime talking to her mother on the phone. It's amazing I got this picture because she is so bashful around cameras.

Of course, work continued on the sailboat. I was able to outline and paint most of the textured surface forward of the cockpit, then Katrina helped me install all four of the chainplates and most of the bow fittings. After that, we installed some of the wood pieces to get an idea of where some of the adjoining pieces are spaced.


Now I need to finish the hatch and cockpit seats (and the cockpit itself) to complete the paint work.

Oh, and we picked up a pair of Kawasaki Jetskis this weekend. I don't intend to work on them until I finish up the sailboat. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the second one behind the fence because I got the truck stuck as I was backing up in the front yard and since I can't find the tow chain in the dark, I'll have to unjam it in the morning and drop the second Jetski in the side yard. It figures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home