July 31, 2006

Work Progress - Day 13

And the hits just keep coming...

Here it is, lucky day 13 and things are moving along, somewhat. It seems that Blogspot.com is having trouble with the image-uploader, so I'll have to try placing the pictures tomorrow.

So far, the exciter unit for Finish Mill #2 is completed, all connections and labeling are done. The soft starter has been wired up, with the exception of the telemetry wiring to the control room. Last time, Perry did this wiring. I'm hoping he does it again on this one.

Jesus has been bothering me about a missing signal from the starter on Finish Mill #1 (that his guys wired up). He said that they were able to "spot" (step-rotate) the mill without permission from the control room. I looked at the connection point on the wiring diagram he provided and their 'spot permission' input is wired to our dual-adjust input, which means that this connection will not do what they want. It's not an interlock, it is a means of switching the starter from one set of starting settings to another. I told him that the permissive should come from the pistol grip switch he had installed that selects the spot capability and that he probably needs to have it wired up there. Looks like I'll have to do it so I can get out of here.

(Editorial 'Snip') (Sorry, but I was just running off at the mouth and had trim my ranting down a bit, Hans).

...Speaking of back home, it looks like Katrina will be heading back to school this week. Too bad we couldn't have done a little something more together these past couple of weeks before she has to hit the books again. And once again, I've missed out on another wedding anniversary, (I've missed 3 out of the last 4 because I've been on the road for Motortronics on July 24th). The one I didn't miss out on was because we took vacation time and a cruise to keep me from getting shipped out.

Oh well, lots to growl about, after being stuck with the dirty end of the 'diggy-stick' again and again. After working 10-to-12 hour days every day while under pressure from the customer, I'm just exhausted and burned out, I guess.

Here are the pictures I couldn't post.


This is a view of the front panel Tom & I crafted for the second starter. It came out pretty nice, with all of the labels in place. The only thing missing is the customer supplied, locking Emergency Bypass switch.

This is the rear view of the control panel after it has been wired up.

And here is the second exciter cabinet, all wired up too.

And finally, the little red light that indicates when power is on in the exciter cabinet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home