September 6, 2009

Ratatouille - 2nd Attempt

Well, this is the second time I tried to make a ratatouille recipe like the one in the cartoon movie and this time, it came out pretty nice. This version has several textures due to the use of fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, leeks and turkey sausage, and I have to admit that because of the diferent textures, it may be considered to be something of an aquired taste. I like this result better than the last try mainly because I decided to substitute a lean turkey sausage for the egplant I used before and it made for a nice balance this time. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.

This is what it looks like, fresh out of the oven and after a sprinkling of chopped parsley and basil.

You can see the layering of the ingredients from this side view.

Yeah, the first time I made this, I tried to stand the sliced veggies on end and it all sagged into the bottom of the pan (it looked terrible). This time, I stacked everything in a spiral from the outside to the inside, layer after layer, and it held up very well. And thankfully, it tastes pretty good too. If you are wondering if might like this dish, it might help if you're the kinda person who would order a 'Veggie Lovers' pizza from Pizza Hut...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home