August 24, 2006

The Painting Continues...

Here are a few more pictures showing the painting progress so far. Last night, Katrina and Jaime helped me with working on sanding/painting the cockpit seats and front hatch and also finishing up some small details on the portholes.

This angle is a better shot than the post I made just recently, showing the contrasting paint on the textured surfaces. The color is a medium gray with a hint of blue to it. You can see the mast tabernacle, the slide hatch and refinished woodwork is in place now. I still need to get the cabin side strip made up and stained. You can also see the bronze portholes lined up on the gunwale, waiting to be installed.

Here is a forward facing view of the starboard side of Udara Tanda, with a closer view of the outlining and woodwork. The grab rails are new, but the hatch guides are the reconditioned originals. I plan on using a sheet of white acrylic to replace the old plywood hatch cover until I can get a 1/2 inch thick piece of smoke-colored Lexan to use instead.

The bow hardware has been replaced or cleaned, polished and reinstalled. I'm still waiting on the 12 foot tubing I ordered to arrive so I can bend it up as a replacement for the original bow pulpit rail section. (I found a site where a CP-16 owner gives pretty good instructions on how to "git 'er done").

From this top-down view, you can see we are starting to make some headway on getting it all together.

We (the girls and I) even installed the nice laminated tiller we got from Sailorman.com. It sure looks sharp.

That's about it for now. I plan to work on finishing the front hatch cover and the cockpit seats tonight, putting the first coat of oyster white paint on them, then finish sanding down the cockpit and painting it with primer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home