October 24, 2006

Wicher Said Hi!

We got a comment this afternoon from Wicher in the Netherlands (Holland) about the boat on our blog site;

"Nice work at the boat Hans and Luann!! I like to read your story about recovering the boat.
I will send you some pictures of our sloep.

Groeten van Wicher. "

A little explaining is needed here...

Wicher and his wife Sonja were very gracious to let Luann, Katrina & myself stay with them when we visited Holland in May 2000 with my parents (the parents stayed in Assen with my Tante Ida). Anyway, here is a link to a website I put together to show the wonderful time we had out there, thanks to the hard work and patience of Wicher & Sonja.

Holland Visit

The website is old and hasn't been updated in several years, but I keep it running to remember the fine time we had on our visit.

While rummaging through some archived emails between Wicher and myself, I stumbled across these pictures. They are about a year old or so. I'm hoping I can update them with some newer ones soon (hint).

As you can see, it does get a bit colder in the village of Zwartsluis, compared to Tampa, FL.

Here is a picture of their 3 boys, Wesley, Julian and Daniel. They went along with mother and father to the C1000 grocery store to help with the shopping.

Say hello to Wesley, the oldest and the boldest son. Katrina and Wesley had a bunch of fun playing together.

This is Julian, the second oldest. He was just an infant when we were visiting.

And last but not least, say hi to their youngest boy, Daniel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home