August 1, 2009

An Afternoon At Karen's

We spent the day at Karen's today and we were able to rescue her canoe. About January this year, Karen's canoe turned up missing from her back yard. Well, as luck would have it, she found somebody's wallet and cell phone by the side of the road near her house. When she talked to the owner on his cell phone, (inside joke: put the phone to your ear) she found out he only lived two blocks away from her place. When she stopped by to return his property, she mentioned how her canoe had disappeared from her back yard and he said he found one about that time. Sure enough, it was her canoe. Since we were visiting, we went with her to retrieve the canoe from this very strange individual and I paddled it back to her house, taking pictures along the way...

So, here I am after launching the canoe and meandering along this creek edged with cypress trees.

I had to make my way around this fallen tree that was covering the waterway, but it wasn't too hard.

And it was neat to see this dock to the left as I glided silently by...

Here is a rear-view of the dock behind me.

And the cypress stand in front of me caught my eye.

Apparently, I was taking too long, so the girls were looking for me to arrive.

"Do you see him yet?"
"Nope!"

Ah, here I am, making my way back down the creek.

And Katrina helps to pull me to shore.

And now, Karen's canoe is safely back home.

After the canoe was brought home, we went out geocaching so we could drop off a replacement geogem for one that has turned up missing. The cache was on the backside of this tree.

There was even this 'Cache-Guardian' alligator stuck to the tree.

How about a picture of a big, mean-looking spider before we head back down the trail?

Well, that's about it for our day... How was your's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home